SIGN THE PETITION
Add your name to the list of people supporting the reinstatement of the Artists & Education grant funding.
MAKE A DIFFERENCE
this is the most important part!!
CALL the Ministers & CALL your MLA
Tell your colleagues, friends and family about this cut. Get them to call or write an email to the people who can reverse it, especially the Ministers and your local MLA. Don't forget to SIGN THE SAMPLE LETTERS.
↓ Minister of Education ↓
Hon. David Eggen | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Phone: 780.427-5010
↓ Minister of Culture and Tourism ↓
Hon. Ricardo Miranda | Email: email@example.com | Phone: 780.422.3559
↓ Executive Director of the AFA ↓
Paul Pearson | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Phone: 780-907-5516
WHAT TO WRITE
- How important the AFA residency program has been to your school.
- How many kids have participated in residencies at your school over the years
- How important it has been for your students or family, or community
- How important it has been to the development of teacher classroom practise
- Tell them that $500,000 in funding (that's the entire program) is no where near enough money per year to bring professional artists into 2,000 Alberta schools
- Tell them to do the right thing for Alberta schools and students and REVERSE THE CUT
Tell the story to others
- Like our Facebook and Twitter pages, and share the content with your friends and family.
- Share this website with the parents at your school. Invite them to email or phone the Minister Education, the Minister of Culture and Tourism, their MLA and the Alberta Foundation for the Arts
- Have parents share this website with their networks.